Friday, August 21, 2009

Craft Social = Creating, Eating and Fun!


Last Friday was the 2nd Chicago Craft Social I've attended and it was so fun to be in one place that you can do over 10+ fun and crafty projects. Me and my friend Sarah went this time and we paid our $5, got to eat a plethora of delicious delights and completed 3 projects: Fabric covered boxes, glass etching and ModgePodge coasters.
The coasters are made of maps of the places I've been - Chicago, Africa, Mexico, London. It was pretty awesome that they provided a big fat book of maps for us to cut up!
The fabric boxes were a lot of fun since we got to use awesome designer fabrics care of The Needle Shop. That was a project I've always wanted to try, and now I know!
Lastly was the glass etching lead by one of my favorite bloggers Jessica Jones of How About Orange. That was really neat to do! I especially liked the cup Sarah made that just said "gulp".
The whole place was full of so many things to create yet so little time...actually it was 3 hours, but it was like being a kid in a candy store and you could try a bit of everything for $5. I can't wait for the next one...I hear talk of a Holiday themed one. I'll keep everyone posted!

2 comments:

Wow! Sounds fun. When and where do these happen? Any at night for us working folks?

http://lindab142.etsy.com

It happens in Evanston, IL. Its at night too! from 7pm -10pm

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More