Thursday, February 12, 2009

A good reason to go Thriftin

If I had a dream job, it would be to shop at thrift stores all day for cool unique finds. Just the other day - when it was unseasonably nice out - we went over to a little second hand shop we like to frequent. I love the basement, its the place to find lots of fun vintage stuff. As I approached the top of the steps, be still my heart there it was - at the bottom of the stairs just waiting for someone to clean him up and take him home - my Chair. Not just a simple chair, but those desk chairs where the little table flips up. Now I'll have a place to write my hate mail to Wal-Mart. He was so dirty with God knows what caked on him, just a good cleaning revealed the vibrant shade of my favorite color blue. He's one of them fiberglass chairs with a metal base and legs. I think he was once property a bowling alley because 'Brunswick' is marked on the back. Ive actually been searching Craigslist for this kind of chair for months, all I found were ones for $75 to $100 EACH! I'm glad I waited cuz this sweet thang was only 5 bucks. Now if I wanted to - I could turn around and sell it for 20 times more, but im content in getting what Ive wanted...only when Im in dire straits will I let him go.

3 comments:

Thats an awesome chair. Congrats on your great find!

Your chair rules-It is the best shade of blue, like a robin's egg!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More