Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Before & After: Throw Pillows



I was lying on the couch the other day and it was not comfortable. I thought to myself " we need some pillows on this couch!" Especially since my head was lying against a solid wood armrest. We had some nice down ones - the red covers had to go though. They we're the epitome of boring to me so i decided to dress them up.
I found four 20 x 20 gray napkins at the nifty thrifty for $4 and thought if I screen printed a design on them, they'd be gussied up nicely. I made envelope style pillow covers which was a cinch since the ends were finished, all i had to do is print, cut one napkin in half, overlap the finished ends for the opening, then sew all the way around and pull right side out. E. Z.

You can see their transformation! They're like new custom made pillows for the price of a latte, or large coffee and a donut for me.




0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More