I saw this cute tutorial on making boring dishes not so boring. Give it a try!
What You Need
- Your own design or some free clip art from the interweb for a pattern
- Signmaking vinyl from a signmaking store (one that creates logos for delivery cars)
- Crafts knife
- Cutting mat
- Graphite paper
How to Make It
- Place signmaking vinyl face up on a hard surface, then put graphite paper face down on it. Set your pattern on top of the graphite paper, trace, and cut out using the crafts knife.
- Remove the white backing from the signmaking paper, dip the cut vinyl in a bowl of water, and "float" the vinyl shape into place.
- Rub a soft cloth over the vinyl to secure it to the surface.
- The moisture under the vinyl will evaporate and leave the design stuck tight.