I have a love for 2 things; Sewing and Books. My favorite thing is when they come together to create my ultimate favorite thing; a sewing book full of fun patterns. I have numerous crafty sewing books and not all are put to as good of use as I intended when I got them. So here comes the challenge: I will pick one pattern - or maybe a few - from all the books I have yet to make something from. I think all this time I just liked to look at all the fun projects, yet never decided on a fabric to create them - I get very picky about using certain fabrics - like the project has to be worthy enough for me to use it...like my Echino fabric I hold so dear. And God forbid I screw it up and waste the precious fabric. God. Forbid.
I will be using the following books for this Pattern Review:
1. What book, pattern and the page its on.
2. What fabrics I have chosen - designers, colorways - if available. I do have a boat load of vintage fabrics Morgan gave me that I may use, but we'll see.
3. Clarity of instructions and imagery.
4. Easy/ Difficulty of the pattern (usually stated in the book).
5. Was it fun to make.
6. How do I like the finished product since it can be hard to tell from just the pictures.
7. Whether I'd recommend the pattern/book to a beginner or one who wants to sharpen their sewing skills.
I'm excited to do this - it will give me a reason to sew and learn a few new things. I hope to sew some clothing from a few of them too! I have that dress form my husband got me 2 Christmases ago - I should probably use that since he keeps making me feel guilty for not.
I'll get cracking on this asap!