Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Organizing Chaos

 For the whole time I've been sewing (about 4 years), all the patterns I've bought, downloaded, created - have all ended up in my "Patterns" binders. At this point in time, it was just a chaotic mess of papers and cut-outs.


Forget about finding anything. It was somewhat in order, but the worst part was lugging it around, having papers spill out, then patterns get mixed up - or ripped up by these children. I decided it was time to do something about it.

So I took a file that I used for sorting different types of papers, condensed those cuz I care not for papers anymore, took the file headers (that came with the file, never used, thankfully) and stamped the file names on them.

Now  Everything is in its place. I clipped all small pieces for patterns, instructions, and all that so I know what goes with what. It took a while to get it all sorted out, but I did find a bunch of patterns for many things I used to make and totally forgot about - outta sight, outta mind sorta thing. I'll be happy to start making those again!

You can find the file box at Target for about $10 or less. Maybe not this same one since I got it about 2 years ago, but I'm sure they've got cuter ones now. Organize anything and everything with it; recipes, documents, wedding stuff, whatever it is that adds cluttered chaos.

1 comments:

I store my downloaded/drafted patterns in a file box and it's made life so much easier for me! I used to leave the pieces lying around everywhere, and it was a nightmare to clean up :S

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More