Whether you have kids or not, its good to be (Im so sick of this word )"green". Its mainly good for you - which is most important. I've been meaining to post a few useful tips - so here they are:
1. Fix a squeaky hinge; door, box, wheel, etc. How do you do this? Easy, just spray the hinge with cooking spray like PAM or whatever type you use. Olive oil will also work, but it can get a bit runny.
2. Freshen up a room. Just get a small jar and fill it with baking soda and a few drops of essential oil till its scent is to your liking. I love the lemon/eucalyptus blend.
3. You can use the same thing in #2 to clean your bathroom.
4. Use 1/4 cup vinegar during the rinse cycle when your doing laundry. It will work as a fabric softener without all the chemicals. No, they wonr smell like vinegar.
5. Clean your windows, mirrors, glass with a spray that 50/50 water and vinegar plus an essential oil to tame the vinegary smell - which goes away very quickly
6. Try not to buy things new. If you can find them at the GoodWill or Salvation Army, do it. You help others as well as finding cool stuff.
7. Used coffee grounds work to keep pests away from your plants.
8. Kill weeds by spraying them with vinegar - careful not to spray what you want kept healthy in your yard/plant/garden.
Ok, thats all i got at the moment! But I hope it helps anyone who needs it!